Crytek's development team is made up of 296 game professionals from Europe (249), Asia (24), North America (14), Oceania (7) and Africa (1). They are best known for developing the game Far Cry and the CryENGINE that the game uses, and more recently Crysis and CryENGINE 2. In the production for Crysis 2, they developed CryENGINE 3. They have since released Crysis 3.
Crytek has partnerships with Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, NVIDIA, Intel, Advanced Micro Devices, FMOD, Scaleform, Xoreax Software, Sparkasse Coburg, and Rating Services. Crytek's development team is composed of game professionals from over 32 nations.
Crytek is known for the Far Cry and Crysis games.
- Crytek Kiev in Kiev, Ukraine - founded in 2006.
- Crytek Istanbul in Istanbul, Turkey - founded in 2012.
- Crytek Black Sea in Sofia, Bulgaria - founded in 2001 as Black Sea Studios; acquired and renamed in 2008; sold to Sega in 2017.
- Crytek Budapest in Budapest, Hungary - founded in 2007, closed in 2016.
- Crytek Seoul in Seoul, South Korea — founded in 2008, closed in 2016
- Crytek Shanghai in Shanghai, China — founded in 2012, closed in 2016
- Crytek UK in Nottingham, England - founded in 1999 as Free Radical Design; acquired and renamed in 2009; sold to Deep Silver in 2014.
- Crytek USA in Austin, Texas - founded in 2013, closed in 2014.