The DSG-1 is a sniper rifle featured in the Crysis series.
The DSG1 Precision Rifle is the KPA's sniper rifle.
- The rounds fired from the Precision Rifle do not lose damage over distance, allowing the rifle to retain its effectiveness at long range.
- Sniper rounds inflict severe damage, enough to kill a normal human in one hit.
- The DSG1 in multiplayer of Crysis WARS can kill another player in a well placed headshot, even at more than 400 meters.
- The DSG1 has a low rate-of-fire, making it unsuitable for close combat.
- Its ammunition is rare, available in smaller quantities than Gauss Rifle's. but snipers are more frequent durning the middle chapters of the game
- Although the damage it inflicts can instantly kill an unarmored target with a body shot, it is not powerful enough to be an effective Nanosuit killer requring 1-2 headshots (if armor is on,2)
The DSG-1 returns from the last game, but fires the .405 round. It is first available in "Lab Rat" from killing a C.E.L.L. soldier. It can kill most human targets in a single headshot or single body shots, and most Ceph with a single jelly shot or two body shots.
Rate of fire: 4
- It deals a high amount of damage, and is very accurate at long ranges, making it ideal for long-range, precision strikes.
- It can be silenced, allowing for stealthy, long-range strikes.
- It can use the Reflex Sight, allowing for some versatility and use at medium ranges.
- The DSG-1 must be steadied for more accurate shots, which consumes suit energy at a rapid pace. However, this is not necessary.
- The magazine capacity and ammunition reserve is significantly less than the DSG1 from the first game.
- The DSG-1 rifle can also be found in the final level of Crysis, inside the XO's office after the aliens attack the carrier, leaning against the desk.
- The DSG-1 in Crysis 2's Multiplayer incorporates a 100% Armor efficiency reduction, meaning Armored targets will be damaged similarly to unarmored targets.
- The manufacturer of the weapon is named after Nathan Camarillo, the executive producer of Crysis 2.
- Despite the rifle being semiautomatic in Crysis 2, when doing a dry reload the player opens a bolt, removes the magazine, and closes the bolt again.
|Weapons of Crysis, Crysis Warhead, and Crysis Wars|
|Sidearms||AY-69 · Fists · Pistol|
|Assault Weapons||FY71 · Gauss Rifle · FGL-40 Automatic Grenade Launcher · Minigun · Molecular Accelerator · Molecular Arrestor · PAX · DSG-1 · SCAR · XM2014 · MPX8 Submachine Gun|
|Explosives (non-grenades)||Anti-Tank Mine · C4 · Claymore · LAW · TAC Gun|
|Grenades||M84 Flashbang · M26A1 Fragmentation Grenade · EMP Grenade · AN-M8 HC Smoke Grenade|
|Non-equippable||Alien Beam · Autocannon · Gravity Bomb Launcher · Gauss Cannon · Shi Ten · Singularity Cannon · Smart Missiles · TAC Cannon · Tank Cannon|
|Weapons in Crysis 2|
|Sidearms||M12 Nova • Hammer • AY-69 • Majestic|
|Sub-Machine Guns||Feline • K-Volt|
|Assault Rifles||SCAR • Grendel • SCARAB|
|Sniper Rifles||DSG-1 • Gauss Rifle • SCARE|
|Shotguns||Jackal • Marshall|
|Heavy||Mk.60 MOD 0 • L-TAG • X-43 MIKE • HMG|
|Explosives||M17 Frag Grenade • M34 Flashbang • JAW • C4 • Swarmer|
|Sidearm attachments||Flashlight • Laser sight • Silencer • Extended Clip|
|Assault weapon attachments||Silencer • Extended Clip • Light Shotgun • Grenade Launcher • Gauss attachment • Holographic Decoy • Assault Scope • Flashlight • Reflex Sight • Laser sight • Iron Sights|
|Other attachments||Sniper scope|
|Weapons in Crysis 3|
|Secondary||M12 Nova • Hammer II • AY-69 • Majestic-Six|
|Sub-Machine Guns||Feline X3 • Typhoon • K-Volt|
|Assault Rifles||SCAR Mod 2 • Grendel • SCARAB Mod 2 • FY71M • Takedown • Claw|
|Sniper Rifles||DSG-1 • Predator Bow • Gauss Sabot Gun|
|Shotguns||Alpha Jackal • Marshall • Rhino|
|Heavy||Mk.60 MOD 0 • L-TAG • O.G.R. • X-43 MIKE|
|Explosives||M17 Frag Grenade • M19 EMP Grenade • M34 Flashbang • JAW • REX Charge • Swarmer|
|Support||Bolt Sniper • Incinerator • Pinch Rifle • Reaper Cannon • X-PAC • HMG • AGL|
|Melee||Knife • Fists • Shield|
|Barrel attachments||Bayonet • Match Barrel • Muzzle Brake • Silencer|
|Scope||Iron Sights • Assault Scope • Laser sight • Reflex Sight • Sniper scope • Tech Scope|
|Under Barrel attachments||Extended Clip • Dual Magazine • Foregrip • Gauss attachment • Grenade Launcher • Holographic decoy • Mini Typhoon|
|Skin||Standard • C.E.L.L.|