|M26A1 Fragmentation Grenade|
Player 250, AI 200
Crysis 10, Warhead 16
The M26A1 Frag Grenade is an anti-personnel fragmentation device used by the KPA and the US Military.
- Like all of the grenades, the Frag Grenade can be thrown farther in Strength mode than in the other modes. This makes it easier to toss several grenades at the enemy in a short time, no matter their distance from the player.
- The Frag Grenade is primarily used to flush out hiding enemies. Considering that trees, containers, and other objects for enemies to take cover behind are common, Fragmentation Grenades will prove useful in most environments.
- Frag Grenades are a useful weapon with which to ambush enemies from a hidden position. Patient players can wait for a group of enemies to approach, decloak and throw the grenade into the group, typically taking them all out at once.
- Another use for grenades is as a demolitions device, where they can be used to destroy shanty houses and deny their cover to AI opponents. The enemy AI cannot navigate through the wreckage, but players typically can, granting them the advantage.
- One of the earlier trailers for the game showed that the Frag Grenade had to be pulled out like a weapon in order to be thrown. The final game allows the player to throw grenades while holding their weapons.
- If the player throws a frag at a group of enemy NPCs who have spotted them and then immediately switches to cloak mode, the NPCs will usually not run from the grenade and instead stand where they are, looking for the player, subsequently getting killed by the grenade.
|Weapons of Crysis, Crysis Warhead, and Crysis Wars|
|Sidearms||AY69 Micro Machine Gun · Fists · Pistol|
|Assault Weapons||FY71 · Gauss Rifle · Grenade Launcher · Minigun · Molecular Accelerator · Molecular Arrestor · PAX · Precision Rifle · SCAR · Shotgun · Submachine Gun|
|Explosives (non-grenades)||Anti-Tank Mine · C4 · Claymore · LAW · TAC Gun|
|Grenades||Flashbang · Frag Grenade · Nano Disruptor · Smoke Grenade|
|Non-equippable||Alien Beam · Autocannon · Gravity Bomb Launcher · Gauss Cannon · Shi Ten · Singularity Cannon · Smart Missiles · TAC Cannon · Tank Cannon|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.