- "Bringing the law into your own hands is an easy task with the power of Crysis 2's pump-action 'Marshall' shotgun. Perfect for tight areas and close-quarters-combat, utilizing the Marshall as your primary weapon, the thundering boom from each shell deployed will be sure to send your foes running"
- ―In-game description
The Marshall is a shotgun appearing in Crysis 2.
The following text is taken from Weapon Focus section of the official Crysis website (now dead):
The Marshall is the latest combat shotgun model from the famous Italy-based manufacturer Corbetta Firearms. Crafted around a durable polymer frame and fitted with a retractable stock, the weapon resembles combat-proven, state-of-the-art technology used by law enforcement, military police and the private security sector for several years.
With its high capacity internal magazine, the Marshall can hold a large amount of shells, addressing concerns over limited ammo capacity in previous models. The additional rail mount options provide a new level of adaptation, which enables rapid customization in the field. When using the latest 12 gauge ammunition types, it is even possible to attach compact silencers for covert tactical entry operations.
Like its predecessors, the Marshall provides excellent short-range stopping power against all but the most heavily armored targets, making it an essential piece of equipment for riot-control and urban combat operations.
The Marshall is more powerful than the Jackal at close range, but at short-medium range, it is outclassed by the Jackal because of the Jackal's higher rate of fire. The Jackal can therefore be considered as the more versatile shotgun, because it can shoot quickly and has a longer range and faster rate of fire. However, the Marshall can attach a suppressor, making it a good shotgun for stealth-based combat. The suppression does reduce damage over range, but shotguns are usually not used beyond close range. In campaign, they can kill C.E.L.L. operatives in one blast at close range, but Ceph can take several rounds of shot if the dispersals are not placed at weak points.
- Iron Sights
- Reflex Sight
- Assault Scope
- Rifle Laser Sight
- Muzzle Brake
- Extended Clip
- 12g Buckshot
- 12g Solid Slug ammo
- 12g Voltage ammo
Rate of fire: 8
- The Marshall appears to have taken inspiration from the Benelli M4 Super 90, also known as the M1014.
- The Marshall also appears to be the final model of the shotgun from Crysis, as the latter had an "X" in its designation, showing it was a prototype.
- The manufacturer of the Marshall, Corbetta Firearms, is named after the Principal Technical Director of the game, Marco Corbetta.
- The manufacturer of the Marshall, Corbetta Firearms, is a parody of Beretta Arms S.P.A. However, Beretta does not produce the Benelli M1014, Benelli Arms S.P.A. does.
- In singleplayer it is the only weapon which allows the player to sprint while reloading.
- Despite images (see above) showing it with a nickel finish and black furniture, in-game it has a matte black finish.
- Ammunition crates in game are labeled as containing .410 Shotshells, even though the Marshall is a 12 Gauge.
|Weapons in Crysis 2|
|Sidearms||M12 Nova • Hammer • AY-69 • Majestic|
|Sub-Machine Guns||Feline • K-Volt|
|Assault Rifles||SCAR • Grendel • SCARAB|
|Sniper Rifles||DSG-1 • Gauss Rifle • SCARE|
|Shotguns||Jackal • Marshall|
|Heavy||Mk.60 MOD 0 • L-TAG • X-43 MIKE • HMG|
|Explosives||M17 Frag Grenade • M34 Flashbang • JAW • C4 • Swarmer|
|Sidearm attachments||Flashlight • Laser sight • Silencer • Extended Clip|
|Assault weapon attachments||Silencer • Extended Clip • Light Shotgun • Grenade Launcher • Gauss attachment • Holographic Decoy • Assault Scope • Flashlight • Reflex Sight • Laser sight • Iron Sights|
|Other attachments||Sniper scope|
|Weapons in Crysis 3|
|Secondary||M12 Nova • Hammer II • AY-69 • Majestic-Six|
|Sub-Machine Guns||Feline X3 • Typhoon • K-Volt|
|Assault Rifles||SCAR Mod 2 • Grendel • SCARAB Mod 2 • FY71M • Takedown • Claw|
|Sniper Rifles||DSG-1 • Predator Bow • Gauss Sabot Gun|
|Shotguns||Alpha Jackal • Marshall • Rhino|
|Heavy||Mk.60 MOD 0 • L-TAG • O.G.R. • X-43 MIKE|
|Explosives||M17 Frag Grenade • M19 EMP Grenade • M34 Flashbang • JAW • REX Charge • Swarmer|
|Support||Bolt Sniper • Incinerator • Pinch Rifle • Reaper Cannon • X-PAC • HMG • AGL|
|Melee||Knife • Fists • Shield|
|Barrel attachments||Bayonet • Match Barrel • Muzzle Brake • Silencer|
|Scope||Iron Sights • Assault Scope • Laser sight • Reflex Sight • Sniper scope • Tech Scope|
|Under Barrel attachments||Extended Clip • Dual Magazine • Foregrip • Gauss attachment • Grenade Launcher • Holographic decoy • Mini Typhoon|
|Skin||Standard • C.E.L.L.|
- "Crysis 2 Weapon Focus: Marshall." mycrisis.com. Feb 15, 2011.